When decorating I love bringing in elements from the exterior. Wood accents, and florals can really ground you, and bring you back to your roots. A great way to update your coffee table or little nook (like I did in this instance) is by creating a coffee table centre piece.
- Start by finding a vintage serving platter. I found mine at Homesense, but really any serving plater you can find that goes with your interior theme will do!
- Add crystals, stones, seeds, or beads, which ever you prefer to the tray
- Place in nature themed candles and ornaments (I used some bird decor pieces), odd number are good, they create interest for the eye.
- Get an interesting vase and fill with real or silk flowers in a colour that accents your interior
- If the platter is large enough place the vase on the platter along with the candles, etc
- Et Voila, you’re done, a great way to add pizazz to your little nook or coffee table!
P.S. if you are looking to create more space in your little nook, try adding a mirror, it expands the size of the room and makes it feel bigger. For a vintage feel try a round mirror like the one I added!